MP3: Reks - Stages

Term and R-E-K-S

When I moved to DC, I told myself I wasn't gonna lose my allegiance to Boston and New England. Sports-wise, that worked. The Celtics won the championship and I got to be there to witness it. As far as hip hop went, it wasn't until my former co-host Nyadenya let me know that his brother was Lucky Dice, a close friend of Statik Selektah and a member of his extra-ordinary team of emcees, did I actually decide to give Massachusetts hip hop a chance. The guy on the left up there, his name is Termanology. Last year was a huge year for Term, so you should at least know about his various joints with DJ Premier. But the guy on the right, don't feel too bad if you haven't heard of him. Reks has been grinding for a minute now but he really hasn't received the shine that he's deserved. His new LP Grey Hairs comes out July 22nd, and there's some groundbreaking music on that joint. I'ma stop typing this diary shit and break you off with another new track off Grey Hairs (PRODUCED BY LARGE PROFESSOR)...go cop that!


No comments:

Post a Comment