2.3.09: FF 030 - Kokayi


Image Hosting by Picoodle.com

Tonight's episode of Funkadelic Freestyles (030) features DC emcee/producer Kokayi. I've been a big fan of this dude for awhile, and it's gonna be real special to have him in-studio. The timing is pretty perfect as well, since Kokayi will be leaving for LA tomorrow morning as he prepares for the 51st Grammy Awards. He's nominated for a song he produced and is featured on, "Lovin' You (Music)," with the University of Maryland grad/singer Wayna

But before all the Grammy talk begins, my new cohost Jay Promo and I (and Akhil) will be blasting some new tunes, including music from De La Soul, Ryan Leslie, Che Grand, and many more. We'll also begin our Jay Dee (J Dilla) week a tad bit early, with some music that I dug out the archives this past weekend. (Anyone remember last week when Jay [Promo] asked me to play Group Home and I couldn't because my hard drive wasn't connected? Well, I've officially gone portable! 17,000 songs at my disposable at all times!) Anyway....I digress. Tune in tonight!


FF 030
Featuring musical guest Kokayi
Hosted by jben.ok, Jay Promo, & Akhil
8-10pm EST
WRGW Radio @ The George Washington University
LIVE on GWRADIO.COM and campus channel 22


No comments:

Post a Comment