Funkadelic Freestyles Tuesdays 8-10 pm

Welcome to the beginning of something wonderful. Funkadelic Freestyles has been alive for three years now, thanks to the man I call, (in strictly radio terms), my creator: The Great White Mark. He got me into this whole thing in under 3 months, and now, I'm taking over with my boy Nyadenya. Nyadenya's been there longer than I have, so we both have our own unique visions to bring to college radio. 

Oh right, college radio. Funkadelic Freestyles airs every Tuesday night from 8 to 10 pm on WRGW Radio, the official radio station of The George Washington University. WRGW Radio can be heard on gwradio.com and GW cable channel 22 twenty-four hours a day, (well, not really. more like 12). So this is my thank you to WRGW, and if you don't go to GW, gwradio.com is the only way to listen to us. 

However, if you're not available on Tuesday nights, no worries! Us hip hop heads like to hear our own voices, so we save our interviews. Almost every week we bring you a brand new interview; sometimes in-studio, sometimes on the phone. Our Funkadelic Freestyles alums? Panacea, Wale, Tabi Bonney, Oddisee, and a gang of others. (Not a real gang, of others, just a lot of other...artists)

So my name is jben.ok (jay-ben-okay) and along with Nyadenya, we host this thing. Stay tuned for some exclusives.

No comments:

Post a Comment