INTERVIEW/MP3: B.o.B. - I'll Be In The Sky


So I woke up this morning and saw this new track from B.o.B. and finally kicked myself. I've been holding on to this interview I did with B.o.B. nearly 2 months ago at Rock The Bells Boston because I just wasn't sure what to do with it. Well, since this track is fire and I think y'all need to know a little more about the Atlanta rapper, here's the interview plus the new song.

Funkadelic Freestyles at Rock The Bells Boston, we’ve got a very special guest with us today. What’s your name?

My name is Bob. And you can call me B.o.B., Bobby Ray, you can call me Bobby…I don’t know! It’s Bob, whatever; I’m from the 12th dimension and I’m here to stir things up in the music scene, change some things up a bit. (Laughs)

Alright, with all those names…let’s get down to B.o.B. What does it mean?

See, you have to break it down because with a person like me, coming to this earth, I’ve been confused by a number of things which is why so many different types of aliases have come from my name. First off, I’ll say Bob. It’s plain, blank, no spaces, no periods. Bobby Ray is my government birth name and that connects me to certain types of relationships I have with people. Then you have B.o.B. B.o.B. is such an interesting character because he has so many different meanings: Business over bullshit, brains over bullets, bullets over bullets, brain one blunt, brain one beer, balla on a budget, fast like a bullet out a barrel…it’s all kinds of things, it’s just crazy!

You got everything covered. Now, how’d you get invited to join Rock The Bells?

It’s crazy because…to be honest, I have no idea. One day [my manager] was like, “hey, we got invited on the Rock The Bells tour,” and I was like, “cool, let’s do it.” And now I’m here in Boston; it’s my first time here but it seems to be cool.

Well, that’s my next question. Boston is quite different than your hometown of Atlanta. What it’s like being on your first big tour?

This is my first tour, period. It’s surprising because a lot of people that come to these events are a lot more diverse than I would’ve expected. When I was performing “Haterz Everywhere,” I was in a lot of clubs in Atlanta and coming here people are a lot more friendly, which is sad to say. (Laughs) They’re a lot more open and accepting to the music, and I’m like, “cool, this is great!” I’m enjoying myself.

When is the full album coming out?

We’re going through this thing right now in that I’m so different, that the label still really has to catch onto [the whole idea]. They haven’t pushed that button yet, but until then just enjoy the mixtapes and features. Also, make sure you get the T.I. album Paper Trail, I’m on that album. The song’s called “Sitting On Top Of The World” with possibly Ludacris or Kanye West, [Editor's Note: It will feature Ludacris, might be produced by Kanye] one of the two. I also wrote a John Legend hook on the album. I got a couple good looks, so…

Can we expect any other big collaborations in the future?

Ludacris, T-Pain, and I’ll be on the DJ Drama Grand Hustle mixtape. I’m affiliated with Grand Hustle now. It’s official people!



No comments:

Post a Comment