VIDEO/MP3: The ELs - The Boondocks Theme


I've tried to tell people time and time again, DC's hip-hop live band The ELs are the real deal. Featuring lead emcee Asheru and keyboardist Zo!, the band occasionally plays gigs around the metro area and has  created some of the wildest live performances around with guests like Grap Luva, Kev Brown, Roddy Rod, and many more. Peep the live video above from Zo!'s 30th birthday party at Liv on 9.13.08.

I spent Saturday morning at Zo!'s studio getting an exclusive preview at the new album he's putting out with Detroit emcee Asylum 7, Overdue Process, set to be released on December 16th. Before I hopped back on the metro, he played me a cut that made me drop my jaw. Let's take a quick poll; who's a fan of The Boondocks TV show? Yeah, pretty sure everyone that's reading this just raised their hands. Remember how Asheru did the theme? A few weeks ago, Zo! brought Ash and the rest of The ELs into the studio for a jam session and BAM!, recreated The Boondocks Theme with the full band. I asked Zo! if I could premiere it, and well, here it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment